Once again at DDW®, ASGE has partnered with international gastroenterology societies to plan several joint sessions that showcase endoscopic advances around the world.
“The International Committee for ASGE works diligently on the organization of these sessions to make sure they feature speakers with the highest levels of content expertise,” said ASGE International Committee Chair Prasad G. Iyer, MD, MS, FASGE, professor of medicine in gastroenterology at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN.
ASGE collaborated with societies from Australia, Brazil, Europe, India, Japan, Mexico, Korea and Latin America to plan this year’s international sessions. Each symposium will showcase the global practice of endoscopy, endoscopic management and new techniques and technology from around the world, Dr. Iyer said.
“During these sessions, attendees can hear firsthand from people who are the front-line experts publishing research across the world,” he said. “Some of the techniques or technology may currently be use in the U.S., but these international speakers can offer a unique perspective on them.”
Dr. Iyer said the international symposia also offer attendees a chance to connect and collaborate with international colleagues. “I encourage both attendees from the United States and abroad to look at the topics and attend,” he said. “They can be assured that these are excellent sessions with speakers that will shed light on new and interesting concepts.”
Please refer to the DDW Mobile App or the Program & Exhibits section in the Saturday, Monday and Tuesday issues for the times and locations of these and other DDW events.
ASGE International Programming at DDW
Saturday, May 18
- ASGE/JGES (Japan Gastroenterological Endoscopy Society) International Symposium — Endoscopic Diagnosis and Treatment for Early Colorectal Neoplasia: Difference and Future Perspective in Japan and the United States
- ASGE/AMEG (Asociacion Mexicana de Endoscopia Gastrointestinal)
- ASGE/Australian International Symposium: Endoscopic Treatment of Colorectal Neoplasia
Monday, May 20
- ASGE/World Endoscopy Organization (WEO) International Symposium — Advanced Diagnosis and Treatment: Using Endoscopic Technology in Daily Practice
- ASGE Korean/Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy International Symposium: Recent Advances of Therapeutic Endoscopy in Esophageal Diseases
Tuesday, May 21
- ASGE/Sociedade Brasileira de Endoscopia Digestiva (SOBED) International Symposium
- ASGE/Sociedad Interamericana de Endoscopia Digestive (SIED) International Symposium